IYC's Women's Sailing Seminar offers several course tracks to match your goals. New to sailing? Ready to hone your skills? We have a track for everyone.
- BEGINNER starts with “this is a sailboat!” and moves on from there.
- CREW is for the novice who's done a little sailing, ready to learn more about sail handling and crewing.
- SAILORS take it up another notch with more advanced skills and basic VHF radio.
- DIVAS of the BAY (2-day course) put it all together including helm, safety, docking, and more.
- SPINNAKER includes theory and practice to get the most performance from a spinnaker.
- RACING covers rules, signals, crew positions, and tactics.
- NAVIGATION / CREW OVERBOARD covers chart reading, tools, tips, and techniques for plotting a course. (Participants provide their own tools.) Crew overboard is also covered.
- BOAT MAINTENANCE / UP the MAST. Boats can bring hours of pleasure while racing or cruising, day sailing or long distance travel. With the fun comes the responsibility of keeping a vessel moving from the top of the mast to the bottom of the keel. This class includes use and maintenance of diesel engines.
For more details, select the button below for prerequisites and descriptions for each track.
Have questions or need help deciding which track is best for you? We're happy to help - contact us at email@example.com.
We'll be posting and sharing detailed schedule information for the tracks when we get closer to WSS.