which was held September 20-21, 2014
Island Yacht Club’s Northern California Women’s Sailing Seminar was created and founded by Mary Quigley and Linda Newland after they attended a women’s sailing seminar down south. They thought, “We need a seminar in Northern California, too!” – where women could learn about sailing from other women. Women’s Sailing Seminar is made possible by the generous donations of instructors, boat owners and sponsors. Each participant’s printed program will include details about our contributors, sponsors and volunteers, to whom we extend a sincere and heartfelt THANK YOU!
Have a great weekend and...“Capture the Power!”
Island Yacht Club is an unpretentious, all-volunteer nonprofit yacht club that welcomes all boating enthusiasts! Ask about our IYC introductory Club membership special that runs during the Women’s Sailing Seminar! IYC will waive the usual initiation fee. Your annual dues of just $375 will cover your membership all the way through the end of 2015!
WSS WSS WSS 7:30 – 8:30 am Registration and continental breakfast
WSS WSS WSS 8:30 – 8:45 am Welcome! Announcements
WSS WSS WSS 9:00 am – 12:15 pm Classes Click here for Class Descriptions
WSS WSS WSS 12:30 – 1:30 pm Lunch Provided & Raffle
WSS WSS WSS 1:45 – 5:00 pm Classes Click here for Class Descriptions
WSS WSS WSS 5:00 – 7:00 pm Cash bar, Hors d’oeuvres & raffle
Sunday Schedule of Events:
WSS WSS WSS Continental breakfast starts at 8:30am
WSS WSS WSS 9:00 – 9:55am Yoga for Sailors with Julie Lucchesi of Bow Yoga
WSS WSS WSS EITHER (lunch provided for ALL activities):
WSS WSS WSS WSS WSS WSS Cruise on the SF Bay
WSS WSS WSS WSS WSS WSS Racing on the Estuary
WSS WSS WSS WSS WSS WSS Session V for Divas of the Bay Track
WSS WSS WSS WSS WSS WSS Session V for Offshore Cruising Track
Other Resources and Information:
For more information don’t hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
- Past Women’s Sailing Seminar photos are visible on our Flickr page.
- Check the Class Descriptions. Follow this link to learn details of each class in the Seminar.
- Dress: Dress in layers; bring warm outerwear. Wear shoes with non-marking soles. See special requirements for Offshore Cruising Track.
- What to Bring: Bring your personal flotation device (PFD) and rain gear for this all-weather event. PFDs are required for all on the water sessions. See special requirements for Offshore Cruising Track.
- Transportation: A car is the most convenient way to get to the yacht club. Ample free parking is available in the marina. Coming by boat? Contact Alameda Marina at 510-521-1133 for guest slip information.
- For more Information: email WSS at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone the club at 510-521-2980
WSS WSS WSS WSS Racing Track
WSS WSS WSS WSS Navigation Track
WSS WSS WSS WSS Boat Ownership Track
WSS WSS WSS WSS Offshore Cruising Track
WSS WSS WSS WSS Click here to see the full Class Descriptions
Saturday Schedule and Tracks:
7:30 am – 8:30 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 am – 8:45 am Welcome! Announcements
Sunday Schedule and Tracks:
7:30 am – 8:30 am Continental Breakfast
9:00 am – 9:55 am Yoga for Sailors Optional for early risers, come for an hour of yoga designed especially for sailors by certified instructor Julie Lucchesi of Bow Yoga